What is GDPR?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will set a new standard for how companies use and protect EU citizens’ data. The goal of GDPR is to protect the personal data of all individuals within the EU from consumption or use by unauthorized parties. The regulation will become effective on the 25th May 2018.
You can find all information about GDPR at https://www.eugdpr.org/.
What is Gemfury doing to be GDPR compliant?
Security and privacy are essential to what we do, so we are proactively improving our tools and policies.
Specifically, we are:
- Updating our terms and policies with regard to personal data storage and handling.
- Building more robust consent and privacy controls for existing and future features.
- Creating processes to facilitate requests to fix innacuracies or provide customer data.
- Working to become an “adequate jurisdiction” through U.S. Privacy Shield.
How do I object to or limit the use of my personal data?
Gemfury does not ask for more personal data than we need to provide our services to you. We provide you with the ability to access, update, or delete the data you have given to us (e.g. you can update or cancel your account at any time).
You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate.
- If you would like to remove all personal data, you can cancel your account.
- If you would like to update your personal data, you can update your settings.
- If you would like to export your personal data, please email email@example.com.
If you believe that Gemfury has no lawful basis for using your personal data, or believe there are other inaccuracies in your personal data, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What third parties does Gemfury share my personal data with?
We use certain trusted third parties to help us provide, improve, and promote Gemfury:
|Entity name||Corporate Location|
|Amazon Web Services, Inc.||United States|
|Salesforce.com, Inc.||United States|
|Help Scout Inc.||United States|
|Stripe, Inc||United States|
|Google LLC||United States|